Wednesday 8 April 2009

Letters from the Children



Alongside our 'normal' farm life, the accommodation barn and being an active part of Active Mendip we're  also involved in the Send a Cow and Grow it Global campaigns. You've 
probably seen in past blogs that we've had Jane over from Africa to help local children understand global farming. We thought we'd share with yo
u some of the 
letters the children sent about their visit to Fernhill Farm with Jane.  

"Dear everyone at Fernhill Farm,
Thank you for letting us visit your Farm. I really enjoyed seeing the animals, making tip taps and bag gardens
. I also enjoyed digging up the mole hills and the tour around the farm.
 
I learnt that pina
pples grow on trees, Ugandan boys and girls sleep in separate huts, they had to walk two kilometres to get 
water and a child had to grow their own food and sell them for clothes.
 
Yours sincerely
Joe
Longwell Green Primary School"
 
"Dear Jen,
I am writing to say thankyou for inviting me to your farm. I really enjoyed the trip.
 
The thing i enjoye
d the most was the tip taps and making it. I liked the African dance it was really fun and funny and walking around the farm.
Thankyou again
Ryan
Birdwell School"
 
"Dear Jen,
Thank you for having us around your farm it was really fun. My favourite part was making the tip taps.
 
When we were doing gardening I liked planting the runner beans and peas and when Jane was carrying the bottle of water on her head.
I like the walk with farmer Nick and when we got our hands really really really muddy. I like it when we made
 tip tap and after we play fottball with the plastic bag ball.
Yours faithfully
Dominic"
 
"Dear Jen,
Thank you for letting us go and see your farm and the Ugandan farm.
 
It was very cool, i liked the tip tap and all the farm animals. Jane was verry nice and the way she sang was very good.
 
I made a bag ball but it didn't last very long.
 
Yours Sincerly
Lenny Chilcott
Birdwell Primary School."
 

I have many more with some lovely drawings to go along with them so would love to get them onto our website / blog soon.
 
Sorry have to dash now - we had 729 children involved (this project was conducted here, in Stratton on Fosse and Cornwall so many more children benefitted) but have to go and look after all the other bits of the farm now.
More soon from the Mendip Mind

No comments: